Photo

Please tell us: Which VidOn XBMC add-ons are working/not working on the VidOn Box?

XBMC Addons

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 chadandkate

chadandkate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.5 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:16 PM

I finally received my VIDon box yesterday.  I plugged it up according to instructions.  Everything is fine.  I go to install Fusion TV. When I get to the point where I have to type in the source page the remote will not let me move over the letters to begin typing.  I can only hit the center button on the remote that says "Done".  It wont naviagte around the letterboard.  The light on the box flashes everytime I hit the button to navigate over the letters so i know it is receving inputs from the remote but no luck.  I did download the latest upate to Kodi (XBMC) before I started.  Do you know what is going on?

#22 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:07 AM

Can you take some pictures to show us on which screens the remote doesnt work so that we can try it on our own box, thank you.

#23 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • Devices:RT1186 Linux
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Medion AP4
  • Android Pad:Medion Lifetab

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:53 AM   Best Answer

This problem has been reported multiple times on the Kodi Forum and seem to be fixed by using the bug release fix.

You should be using the VidOn XBMC builds (which are based around Gotham 13.2) on your VidOn Box anyway.

#24 chadandkate

chadandkate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.5 Beta

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:20 AM

I will have the screen shots uploaded later this morning. I plugged in a wireless mouse via USB hub on the box and the mouse will let me hover a nd select the letters to type. I also went to the Browser App from the main page and I can use the remote to select the letters to type. I dont know if this problem is limited to the Kodi. Seems to me like it is but I thought I would let someone with more experience chime in.

EDIT: Horrible question here but how do I attach the Pics that I took of the screen that show my problem? I dont see an Attach File button.

#25 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:29 PM

I suggest you use an external 'image' hosting service provider!

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#26 webber

webber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:49 AM

I am having the same problem, except mine is with the official VidOn XBMC search dialog.  Here is an example of the screen.  This one is searching in the Genesis add-on, but the same behavior is there for any search dialog I can find in XBMC.  All the RC buttons work in other places, but not the search dialog.  I have uploaded my log from the Main Menu - Settings - Feedback screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Search in Genesis add-on (https://www.dropbox.....32.24.jpg?dl=0)
XBMC System Info (https://www.dropbox.....37.52.jpg?dl=0)
VidOn SW/HW Info (https://www.dropbox.....38.41.jpg?dl=0)

Text from Info screen shots
======

SW Info

Software Version
VMC: 0.0.1.6
SDK: 1.2

Player Version
BlurayLib: 1.0.2.3
DvdLib: 1.0.0.3
Vdmplayer: 2.0.1.4-20141230-9aeb54e

HW Info
Device Name: VidOn BOX
Device Type: VidOnBox1
RAM: 1G
Chip ID: 5142521637304e43ca0001362e880c07

#27 louisdelphie

louisdelphie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

cinema experience does not work. it started to work for me by streaming a trailer before the movie but after the first trailer the box went to a black screen and never came back. I had to restart the box to get it running again. now when I try it the box just restarts before it plays anything.

When the box is on for a long time a notification pops up on the screen saying a plugin had stopped working would you like to disable it. This happens for all the plugins in xbmc. The notification pops up one other another until you have answered the question for every plugin. I aways answer no.

#28 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:57 AM

I wasn't sure where else to post this.  It's not a matter of working or not working, but some add-ons, like USTV Now, has almost inaudible levels even when set at maximum.  I don't see this on the PC version.  It seemed like activating "stereo upmix" helped some add-ons, like IceFilms, but still did not affect USTVNow.  I'm not sure if there is a way to set it to normalize audio across the board from a developers end.

I will let our developers know about the audio problems and see is they can normalize it from here. 

Any idea how to get OpenWeatherMap Extended working?  It installs fine but when you add a location you get a script error.

I will ask our testers to run this and see what is going on with the script error.

cinema experience does not work. it started to work for me by streaming a trailer before the movie but after the first trailer the box went to a black screen and never came back. I had to restart the box to get it running again. now when I try it the box just restarts before it plays anything.   

What versions of the SDK, VMC and XBMC are you running louisdelphie?

What versions of the software are all of you guys running, too?

#29 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:06 AM

Horrible question here but how do I attach the Pics that I took of the screen that show my problem? I dont see an Attach File button.

After selecting the 'Reply to this topic' section at the bottom of this page two rows of potions will appear at the top of the section, on the second row of icons in the middle is an icon that looks like a polaroid photo, click that to upload your pictures.

In addition, I will report the issue that both you and webber are experiencing to the developers immediately.

#30 Sako

Sako

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

Hello!

There was a general failure of the addons scripts last night.

Is there any info? Was it a general failure?

SDK 1.2,

VMC 0.0.1.6,

VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 

#31 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:28 AM

A general failure is just that, some sort of general failure when you tried to stream content; it was most likely a connection issue on your end or a connection/traffic issue with the streaming server. 

Try again today and let us know what happens.

As well, could you please let us know what versions of XBMC, SDK, and VMC you are running, and what add-on was giving you this script error?

#32 Sako

Sako

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:11 AM

I have all the latest versions of sdk and vmc for vidon box.

It was not a connection problem. Some addons were working. 

And it was an immediate crash.

Addons related to tvaddons.ag and Total installer were all with script failure.

Maintenance tool addon not working.

Addon installer addon not working.

In my searches in Google for the prob, it was not only me but many people.

Anyway i will not ask anymore if i will be answered that way. 

Thank you.

SDK 1.2,

VMC 0.0.1.6,

VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 

#33 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:35 AM

I have all the latest versions of sdk and vmc for vidon box.

It was not a connection problem. Some addons were working. 

And it was an immediate crash.

Addons related to tvaddons.ag and Total installer were all with script failure.

Maintenance tool addon not working.

Addon installer addon not working.

In my searches in Google for the prob, it was not only me but many people.

Anyway i will not ask anymore if i will be answered that way. 

Thank you.

Be sure to always mention what software versions you have when reporting any bug, and please  be specific, there a lot of "the latest versions" of all of these softwares so it can be confusing.

It may be a connection problem coming from the source of the streaming file, so in that case it wouldn't be your connection but their connection which is causing the problem. As well, add-on accessibility varies from country to country.

Certain add-ons are not optimized to work with our newest XBMC build, this is a problem we inherited from the people at Kodi, as many of these same add-ons do not work in the official XBMC and Kodi builds.

Unfortunately the website you mentioned above hosts illegal content and we cannot be seen to condone the usage of such a service.

Please see this topic to report which add-ons are not working properly.

In your Google searches were these "many people" users of VidOn XBMC or Kodi? And which versions specifically? Where are these bugs being reported? As well, I would imagine that if these bugs were not reported in our forum then they are not occurring in our fork of XBMC; if posters are claiming they are using our XBMC and not posting bug reports here, then I would be suspect of their posts and the claims therein.

Please feel free to always post your questions and comments here on our forums; but also please keep in mind in the future we cannot help you if you do not offer us any pertinent information.

#34 emalagon

emalagon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 1.0.0.0
  • iPhone:5s
  • iOS on iPhone:8.2.0

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

I am having a general "no stream available" on most add ons (basically Genesis) using VidOn XBMC 1.0.

I installed Kodi and all add ons are streaming fine, using same configurations on both.

• chadandkate likes this

#35 ihoti2001

ihoti2001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:41 AM

Hi guys,

I received my Vidon box yesterday and was very exited to plug it in and have a play. It run a couple of updates etc and it fired up just fine. Fired up XBMC and started installing all my usual addons I have been using for months. I could not install Genesis or Phoenix, which are two of the most popular XBMC addons, as I'm sure you know. So I soldiered on and proceed to install the rest of them which worked fine to a point. I tried to go to the setting menu in XBMC and all I could see was a black screen, nothing else.

The box has XBMC 0.0.05! and the SDK was updated OTA when I initially plugged the box in, so the SDK version will be whatever it is that you have been pushing out to members in the last few days.

Did I mention I was very exited to get the box? Well, my excitement waned somewhat on discovering this very annoying black screen bug, it was showing even when I tried to watch a stream from one the addons. I could hear the audio but there was no picture.

Can you guys offer any pointers or steps I can take to rectify these issues? BTW I'm in the UK if that makes any difference. I do the occasional review on android boxes and I would hate to mark this box down, because it looks and feels gorgeous, but the XBMC side of it is a little disappointing. This is in comparison to my other M8 android box and the Fire TV btw. These devices both run Kodi 14.1 flawlessly.

I noticed that there is a version 1.0.0. of Vidon XBMC available. Would it help if I installed this version and tried again?

Lastly, what is the difference between the 2 Vidon XBMC apps installed in the box? I don't get this? Which one should I be using the one with XBMC logo or the one with the Vidon logo? What is the difference between the 2? If any of these questions don't make sense, I'm happy to clarify.

Thanks in advance for your help.

#36 daflyboys

daflyboys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 2.0.0.0

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

For now I would have the following configuration/installs:

SDK 1.2 ::  Look on this page of threads:  http://forum.vidon.m...icial-releases/

VMC 0.0.1.6 ::  Look on this page of threads:  http://forum.vidon.m...icial-releases/

------------------------------

XBMC 2.0.0.0 :: http://www.android-m...-0-0-für-AV200/   (though this was officially for the last VidOn Box, though it's been generally working for me)

OR

VidOn XBMC 13.2  V1.0.0.0 :: http://forum.vidon.m...ox-owners-only/

• Joe and louisdelphie like this

#37 ihoti2001

ihoti2001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:56 PM

Thanks daflyboys, I'll try that setup and report back.

#38 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:00 PM

Can you guys please visit the 'My Settings' -> 'Devices & Software' area via your 'Profile' and add your devices 'VidOn SDK' version, 'VidOn XBMC' version and 'Video Media Center' (VMC) version information for future reference?

Many thanks

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#39 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:01 AM

Any idea how to get OpenWeatherMap Extended working?  It installs fine but when you add a location you get a script error.

Hey, shdwkeeper

Please  install this OpenWeatherMap addon via "install from zip" and try again, we have fixed the issue and tried some locations, no more script error.

If it still cannot work, please install the two .zip files below in the same way.

script.module.simplejson-3.3.0.zip

#40 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:12 AM

Hey ihoti2001,

Welcome back, I am glad to hear you got your VidOn Box, now let's get it working properly for you!

So Pheonix and Genesis have been giving us trouble in the last couple of builds; in XBMC 13. I did just talk to our testing department though, and they have already fixed one of the above add-ons in one of our new VidOn XBMC versions. We are hoping to roll out the other fix next week.

The blue VidOn XBMC logo is version 12 and the black logo is version 13.2, which is the latest version (version 13.2 is AKA 1.0.0.0, don't ask me why...).

I would say screw around until you find what versions of our software work for you as daflyboys has suggested (we are working on releasing finalized versions to work in conjunction with each other soon so you guys don't have to keep installing random pieces of software).

We are aware that some add-ons are not working correctly and are working on this issue. Let me know if you need anything else?

Joe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBMC Addons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users