Photo

Please tell us: Which VidOn XBMC add-ons are working/not working on the VidOn Box?

XBMC Addons

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:30 AM

Hey Everybody,

We have three questions for all of you add-on lovers out there:

1. What add-ons are not working for you in VidOn XBMC?
2. What add-ons are working for you in VidOn XBMC?
3. What add-ons would like to see supported in the future?

We are interested in collecting more information about add-on usage on the VidOn Box so we can better tailor its' functionality to you, our customers.

We are also interested in what you have to say because, being in China, many add-ons are blocked by the Great Firewall, so there are unfortunately a few add-ons that we cannot test ourselves.

Any feedback you give will be extremely helpful in providing a wider range of add-on support in the future.

Thanks a lot everyone,

Joe

#2 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • Devices:RT1186 Linux
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Medion AP4
  • Android Pad:Medion Lifetab

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:52 AM

Personally, the only add-ons that I am interested in are those that make XBMC work better internally.

I don't want any that void copyright... I don't need links to pirated crap.

#3 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:16 AM

Hi, Gregiboy

Some other users always report that certain addon cannot work in our VidOn XBMC but works well in the official version, so since the XBMC is an open source software, we hope the VidOn XBMC and the official XBMC have the same performance in terms of the addon.

We don't encourage pirate things, so we won't put those pirate addons in the VidOn XBMC, however some of these addons cannot work well in the VidOn XBMC, this involves the technical matter, maybe some where of the code has problems, maybe our player has bugs on streaming the online video?

#4 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:09 AM

We must also keep in mind that although the content within a particular add-on may be illegal to view, the add-on itself, along with making sure the add-on works in our XBMC and installing the add-on in an XBMC program is not, in and of itself, an illegal activity. 

At VidOnme we in no way shape or form encourage users to seek out and use illegally obtained content. All we want to do is make sure popular add-ons work with our software; this is not a crime in any sense. 

#5 johan1961

johan1961

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:25 AM

Not working:

The PVR add-ons are not available (empty repository) on Frodo, and do not work on Gotham ("an unknown error has happened")

The repository can not be deleted (and reinstalled) and refresh or update of the repository does not do anything visible

If I run Kodi, there are no errors (the add-ons load fine, and communicate with the server) but very choppy playback using the mythtv add-on. No buffering errors though.

Working:

Subtitles

Would like to see working:

PVR-addons

#6 pjah_2004

pjah_2004

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:52 AM

Dear Joe and Wolly Xu
Addon Youtube in official XBMC (Kodi 14) currently at version 5.0.4. And  in Vidon XBMC (Kodi 13.2) 0.0.0.5 , the addon Youtube at version 4.0.3, but he is not being updated (manually and automatic). Please, check it!
Thanhks.

#7 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

Dear Joe and Wolly Xu
Addon Youtube in official XBMC (Kodi 14) currently at version 5.0.4. And  in Vidon XBMC (Kodi 13.2) 0.0.0.5 , the addon Youtube at version 4.0.3, but he is not being updated (manually and automatic). Please, check it!
Thanhks.

There are some YouTube Addons developed by different developers, so the version numbers are different. If you want to use the 5.0.4, just delete the 4.0.3 and install the "new" version from the official XBMC addon list or manually from the .zip file.

#8 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Devices:RT1186 Linux
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Medion AP4
  • Android Pad:Medion Lifetab

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

These are the only ones that interest me and all are working fine:-

Keymap Editor

Trakt - (need work because of new Trakt API)

TV - Next Aired

XBMC Library Autoupdate

Oz Weather

#9 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

okdockey,
Given that this area of the forum is dedicated to VidOn Box Q&A's and your questions are about running VidOn XBMC on a different make/model of hardware device. Your posts (complete with replies) have been moved into their own topic within the dedicated VidOn XBMC on other devices area of the forum. Here's a link to your topic.

DarkCinema
Your 'off-topic' post regarding 'Android' add-ons has been removed

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#10 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:00 AM

Not working:

The PVR add-ons are not available (empty repository) on Frodo, and do not work on Gotham ("an unknown error has happened")

The repository can not be deleted (and reinstalled) and refresh or update of the repository does not do anything visible

If I run Kodi, there are no errors (the add-ons load fine, and communicate with the server) but very choppy playback using the mythtv add-on. No buffering errors though.

Working:

Subtitles

Would like to see working:

PVR-addons

OK johan1961, we have made a note of this and will attempt to support these in the future. 

Dear Joe and Wolly Xu
Thanhks.

Is the YouTube app working for you pjah_2004?

#11 phate

phate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.5 Beta

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:14 PM

The new update has effected my Genesis addon in a bad way, I am unable to select any file without it stating "stream unavailable"??

Why has this happened and is there a fix???

#12 IdoHamo

IdoHamo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:31 AM

"XBMC Torrent" is not Working :(

#13 techjunkie

techjunkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.8

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

Vdubt25 and Halow Live are both giving script errors.  they are working fine on my other android tv boxes (minix x8, M8, MXIII etc.)

#14 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:04 PM

Everyone,

Can you please visit your 'Profile' and add your 'Devices & Software' information?

Many thanks.
  • Joe likes this

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#15 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:40 AM

The new update has effected my Genesis addon in a bad way, I am unable to select any file without it stating "stream unavailable"??

This problem has been reported by another user and we are currently looking into it.

"XBMC Torrent" is not Working :(

Has this only occurred within a certain version of XBMC/SDK/VMC, or has this problem always existed?

Vdubt25 and Halow Live are both giving script errors.  they are working fine on my other android tv boxes (minix x8, M8, MXIII etc.)

Has this only occurred within a certain version of XBMC/SDK/VMC, or has this problem always existed?

#16 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:10 AM

Hi, I have talked about this issue with one member of Resource Sharing Group, she said Genesis doesn't work well on VidOn XBMC, sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't work. She said she will test it again on v 0.0.0.5 beta and give me a feedback.

And I also have report this issue to our developers, they said they didn't do anything on the part of addons, they will check the code carefully.

• phate and Joe like this

#17 techjunkie

techjunkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.8

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:56 PM

I have tried with  sdk v1.2 and vmc v0.0.1.6 and vidon xbmc 0.0.0.5 and the addons are giving me script errors when i click on anything.  Installing kodi 14.1 on the vidon box allowed me to use halow live but there were issues with kodi 14.1 as well, specifically ftv guide addon wouldn't load any information and vdubt25 stil had problems

#18 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:06 AM

OK techjunkie, 

I will report these problems to our developers now.

On a side note, it is beginning to look like Kodi 13 and above are not fully primed to work with many add-ons; the people at Kodi themselves may have sacrificed functionality of certain aspects in favor of a speedier release, and they still haven't returned to fix the initial problems created a while ago. 

It may also be the case that certain area of the program code is interfering with the add-ons. As the developers did not touch the add-on coding in the new version of VidOn XBMC we have to assume that the culprit lies elsewhere in the program. 

We will let you know as we make more progress with the add-ons. 

Thanks, 

Joe

#19 daflyboys

daflyboys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 2.0.0.0

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:44 AM

I wasn't sure where else to post this.  It's not a matter of working or not working, but some add-ons, like USTV Now, has almost inaudible levels even when set at maximum.  I don't see this on the PC version.  It seemed like activating "stereo upmix" helped some add-ons, like IceFilms, but still did not affect USTVNow.  I'm not sure if there is a way to set it to normalize audio across the board from a developers end.

#20 Shdwkeeper

Shdwkeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 1.0.0.0
  • Android Phone:Note 4

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:30 AM

Any idea how to get OpenWeatherMap Extended working?  It installs fine but when you add a location you get a script error.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBMC Addons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users