• Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • iPhone:6
  • iOS on iPhone:8.1.2
  • iPad:mini 2
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.2

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:34 AM

Amazon Instant Video Prime is a popular streaming video service. Watching Amazon instant videos on your android box and XBMC is fairly not difficult when you install this add-on - Amazon Instant Video Prime (US / UK / DE), which allows you to login into Amazon account and stream videos. 

Attached File  icon.png   15.78KB   2 downloads

Download and Install
  • Download the AddonScriptorDE’s Repository here. And place the ZIP file to the flash drive you can plug into the android box running XBMC. 
  • Open XBMC, go to System –> Add-ons –> Install from zip file. Navigate to and select the zip file and click OK.
  • Navigate to System –> Add-ons –> Get Add-ons. You’ll see the AddonScriptorDE’s Testing Repo—as see in the following screenshot. Select it and find the add-on in videon add-ons list, install it.
Attached File  1.png   202.73KB   6 downloads

How to use

The add-on can be tested without Prime membership, but you must have an amazon account. It will only appear the free Amazon Originals content (e.g. Pilot Season 2015). If you have a prime subscription, you can of course access amazon quality content. 

When you first start the add-on simply select "US/UK/DE" as page version and enter confirming email and password, then you can see quite a bit of free content.

Attached File  2.png   108.38KB   4 downloads

Attached File  3.png   112.76KB   2 downloads

Attached File  4.png   361.05KB   0 downloads

Attached File  6.png   187.12KB   0 downloads

Cover & Fanart can be obtained from themoviedb. The images are loaded in the background. Using the context menu you can also select "Quality & Play " or "Add to favorites" .

Attached File  5.png   219.95KB   0 downloads

Movies and shows can be added via the context menu into XBMC/Kodi database. Simply add the following source: "Home folder" -> Userdata> addon_data-> plugin.video.prime_instant-> Library-> Movies / TV.

If you experience buffering problems, it’s better to restart the stream or select a different quality. Most of the videos are available in 1080p @ 10000kb. Sound is stereo. I watched some episodes with this add-on on my VidOn Box, no problem.

#2 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

Oh, this is really a good Addon.

#3 BwanaJim

BwanaJim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:11 PM

Thanks for the directions.  I installed the add-on from my usb drive.  When I select it from "Get Add-on's" nothing happens.  

I have a VidOn A100 box with the latest firmware installed.

I have to get this going soon because at the end of the month I have to renew my Amazon Prime and don't want to do that if I can't watch movies on my TV.

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBMC Add-ons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users