• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

Hi, fanlp37

1. The latest version of SDK, which will be released very soon, supports the third-party launchers.
2. No bluetooth, also doesn't support USB bluetooth adapters.
3. We have VidOn Remote App (iOS and Android) for VidOn XBMC.
4. There is no standard answer, it supports most wired/wireless joysticks and aeromouse.
  • Joe and Hermanio like this

#22 fba

fba

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • VidOn XBMC:Old Version
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:Nexus 5, others
  • Android Pad:Galaxy Tab II, others

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

fanlp37 - 

On the joysticks, I can report a little bit about my experience.   With some hackery, I managed to get an XBox 360 (wired) controller working with the box.   However, it wasn't ideal as it required an app to make it work, and the app didn't seem able to store the settings I used and reload them when the box rebooted.   The app also popped up a dialog asking if it could take control of the device every time the box rebooted.  It had an option to "always allow", but it didn't seem to save that state because the dialog always came up.   So, I eventually gave up on that and went looking for an inexpensive bog standard PC controller that I could use for emulators on the box.

While chatting over PMs with another emulator enthusiast on here, he mentioned that he was able to purchase a cheap wired controller off of Alibaba that worked perfectly.   Because of where my VidOn box is located, I needed a wireless controller, so I took a chance and bought one from Amazon.  ( http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )   The build quality of the controller is pretty decent, and plugging the dongle in caused the controller to immediately start working.   The left stick and D-pad both allowed me to move around the UI on the VidOn box, but none of the buttons seemed to let me "click" on any of the buttons to start up apps or make other selections.   So, if you want a controller that can do that, you will have to keep looking.   That said, I was able to load up a NES emulator and play Super Mario Bros. 3 with the controller I purchased, which is what I ultimately wanted.

The controller has a toggle for going between digital and analog.   When it is in "digital mode", even the two sticks act like a D-pad.   The right stick sends the same "button presses" as the 4 buttons right next to it.   The left stick sends the D-pad up/down/left/right "button presses".   When I kicked it in to analog mode, I was able to use a small tool to verify that it appeared to be sending the analog events, but I didn't try any apps to see if they actually worked.   However, I suspect they would work just fine as long as the app supports the analog mode.

For keyboards and mice, there has been a lot of chatter over time about which ones work and which ones don't.   At least one person on here uses the small keyboards with touchpads built in that you can buy from places like Amazon for $15-$30.   But, from what I have seen, your best bet for compatibility is to look for something as generic as possible.   There have been issues in the past with some of the fancier keyboards that people have.   But, when I have used a keyboard from the old Playstation 2 Linux kit (which is about as generic a keyboard as you can get), it has worked perfectly.

Hope this helps!

• Wolly Xu likes this

- Video system : Sharp 80" 3D TV, Pioneer Elite VSX-70, Definitive Audio Speakers, 40+ TB (hardware RAID 5) Linux server for Blu-ray and DVD ISOs.

- Network : (2x) HP 3400cl switches, HP 1810-24G, Cisco ASA 5520 router/firewall, Aerohive wireless APs

#23 MadWolf

MadWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

Hi,

considering buying this Vidon tv box.

My question is can I use my bluetooth headphone with it?

thanks!

UPDATE 

sorry I read back a little... so it doesn't have bluetooth...

#24 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:24 AM

Hi,

considering buying this Vidon tv box.

My question is can I use my bluetooth headphone with it?

thanks!

UPDATE 

sorry I read back a little... so it doesn't have bluetooth...

Sorry MadWolf, no bluetooth support. 

#25 Versatile

Versatile

• *Beta Tester*
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:29 AM

What is the best price for this box?

#26 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • Devices:RT1186 Linux
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Medion AP4
  • Android Pad:Medion Lifetab

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:01 AM

As on the VidOn.me website...

#27 xymox

xymox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:46 AM

Does the VidOn box play Blu-Ray from folder structure? 

#28 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:04 AM

Does the VidOn box play Blu-Ray from folder structure? 

Yes, VidOn Box can play BDMV folder, it will regard it as an iso file, so you don't need to enter the folder to find the index file.

• SgtSimba likes this

#29 SgtSimba

SgtSimba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:03 AM

Dear All, previously  I was using mede8er 1000x3D I convert all  3D BDISO to mkv just need to change file name ( moviename.TB.mkv) and its  detect in AV and in TV as 3D .

now my question is can VidOn play MVC in 3D can VidOn detect  as 3D or I have to select 2D to 3D or I need all my movies in 3DISO?

why should I need to get Membership If I dont want or cant get Membership I so cant get HD Audio Output?

Regards,

Sim

#30 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:35 AM

Dear All, previously  I was using mede8er 1000x3D I convert all  3D BDISO to mkv just need to change file name ( moviename.TB.mkv) and its  detect in AV and in TV as 3D .

now my question is can VidOn play MVC in 3D can VidOn detect  as 3D or I have to select 2D to 3D or I need all my movies in 3DISO?

why should I need to get Membership If I dont want or cant get Membership I so cant get HD Audio Output?

Regards,

Sim

VidOn XBMC only supports BD 3D, MVC 3D in MKV format is not supported. 

VidOn Membership is required to passthrough HD audio.

#31 Mitre

Mitre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:02 AM

Купил андроид приставку,жутко тупила. Удалил этот видон и приставка ожила! Самое глючное приложение которое я когда либо видел!

#32 orushmorelane

orushmorelane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:53 PM

Fake Breitling Watches Breitling Navitimer Chronograph Stainless Steel White [96b5] - €203.67 : Professionele replica horloges winkels, watchinfo.onlineUS DollarEuroGB PoundCanadian DollarAustralian DollarJappen YenNorske KroneSwedish KroneDanish KroneCNY

#33 orushmorelane

orushmorelane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:22 AM

Montblanc penn | Montblanc penn | mont blanc
Montblanc penn | Montblanc penn | mont blanc
penner
mont blanc penner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users