Photo

Q&A: How do I expand video to full screen?

Feature Request

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 arun555

arun555

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:54 AM

hi, how i expand video to full screen. thanks.

#2 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:59 AM

how i expand the video to full screen option

What do you mean "to full screen"? Can you give us more details about your problem?

#3 arun555

arun555

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

hi,

When i watch the video i get only 16:9 on my 40" tv. i press menu button only have option for audio, subtitle, video(2d,3d, auto). I want to fill the video to size of my tv.

thanks

#4 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

Can you please take a photo of your TV screen to confirm to us what you are seeing?

And please run one or more of your 'problem' files through an application called MediaInfo (set to text mode). And post what it reports, IN FULL as a text (.txt) file?

Sufficed to say, most 'big budget' movies are shot using an aspect ratio 2.35:1. Which means when they are displayed on a 16:9 (1.77:1) television you will see black bars above and below the image!

Also, can you please confirm which 'VidOn SDK' version, 'VidOn XBMC' version and 'Video Media Center' (VMC) version do you currently have installed on your VidOn Box. And when you find out the above, can you please visit 'My Settings' via your 'Profile' and add this information within your 'Devices & Software' area for future reference?

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#5 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

hi,

when i watch the video i get only 16:9 on my 40" tv. i press menu button only have option for audio, subtitle, video(2d,3d, auto).
i want to fill the video to size of my tv.
thanks

I know what you mean, most movies now are 16:9, so you will see the black bar on the top and button of your screen,, if you want the picture to full fill your screen, then the picture will be stretched.

#6 trigu75

trigu75

• *Beta Tester*
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationIsrael
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • iPhone:4
  • iPad:4

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

He is talking about options that are not found on vidon xbmc. Normal xbmc version show when clicking the video options: -

Deinterlace method
Video scalling method
Crop black bars
View mode ( zoom , normal ,stretch 4:3 , custom , original size , stretch 16:9 ,wide zoom )
Zoom amount
Vertical shift
Pixel ratio
Post processing
Brightness
Contrast
None linear stretch
Stereoscopi mode of video
Stereoscopi mode inverted

Most of these are missing on vidon , i wonder why as well ...

#7 arun555

arun555

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

yes please,i want trigu 75 says(thanks).

And also i play from vidon media center i want the option at menu button. i cant play music files like .aac,ac3,dts,wav,dtshd bitstream audio files but i played at xbmc expect dtshd.

#8 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

He is talking about options that are not found on vidon xbmc

Out of interest... Are these video playback options available for Android set-top box builds of XBMC. If so, which ones?

Also, can you please confirm which 'VidOn SDK' version, 'VidOn XBMC' version and 'Video Media Center' (VMC) version do you currently have installed on your VidOn Box. And when you find out the above, can you please visit 'My Settings' via your 'Profile' and add this information within your 'Devices & Software' area for future reference?

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#9 trigu75

trigu75

• *Beta Tester*
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:32 PM

Yes

Just checked with , for example spmc ( xbmc for android )

All the video options are there

Edit : and now i installed xbmc gotham 13.2 from kodi.tv

All the options are there , and even the 3D icon appears ( to switch 3d modes )

#10 arun555

arun555

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:59 AM

Out of interest... Are these video playback options available for Android set-top box builds of XBMC. If so, which ones?

plz check himedia Q5 android box, egreat and so many android box boxes have option like stretch or zoom or full screen.

before i use himedia q5

#11 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:04 AM

I have reported your problem to our developers, thanks for your feedback.

#12 bdreams

bdreams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:59 AM

I have ask this question so many times finally glad to see its getting some attention. Hope they implement it on the next update. Yes they are right it's on all the other version of kodi (xbmc) the ability to stretch the mkv files.by the way great job on the recent updates and I know you guys take a lot of flack from users but I must say thank you guys for all the great support so for I am am really enjoying my vidon box.if you guys could fix that stretch issue then my box would be complete. Thank you keep up the good work
  • Joe likes this

#13 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:22 AM

I talked about this problem with the developers this morning, they said that's because the hardware/firmware doesn't support some of the options which were mentioned in the above posts, so we disabled these options. But not all of them are not supported, we will try the best to enable some options in the future versions.

#14 trigu75

trigu75

• *Beta Tester*
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

Wolly , hardware firmware ? I just wrote that all these options are available and work fine with spmc and original xbmc 13.2

#15 zhang

zhang

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBeijing, China
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV100, AV200
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • iPhone:4s

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

hi, all

Thanks for report this problem,  we will check it, and hope this problem will be fixed in next version.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Feature Request

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users