• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:32 AM

1. Permission:
Please change the permissions in the two files below.
device/amlogic/common/init/mbx/init.amlogic.rc
device/amlogic/common/init/mbx/ueventd.amlogic.rc

chmod 666 /dev/amvideo
         chmod 666 /dev/amstream*
         chmod 666 /sys/class/video/axis
         chmod 666 /sys/class/video/screen_mode
         chmod 666 /sys/class/video/disable_video
         chmod 666 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
         chmod 666 /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw
         chmod 666 /sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode
         chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
         chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
         chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
         chmod 666 /sys/class/video/blackout_policy
         chmod 666 /dev/snd/controlC0
         chmod 666 /dev/snd/pcmC0D0c
         chmod 666 /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p
         chmod 666 /dev/snd/pcmC0D1c
         chmod 666 /dev/snd/pcmC0D1p
         chmod 666 /dev/snd/timer
         chmod 666 /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_codec
         chmod 666 /sys/devices/platform/spdif-dit.0/spdif_mute
         chmod 666 /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config
         chmod 666 /sys/class/display/mode

2. Change:
   frameworks/base/services/java/com/android/server/wm/WindowStateAnimator.java
Change this piece of code 

boolean isNeedOpaque = attrs.getTitle().toString().contains("xbmc.Main") ? false : true;

to

boolean isNeedOpaque = true;
                String attrsTitle = attrs.getTitle().toString();
                if (attrsTitle.contains("xbmc.Main") || attrsTitle.contains("xbmc.kodi") || attrsTitle.contains("org.vidonme"))
                    isNeedOpaque = false;

3. Change:
Change the "android:protectionLevel" to "normal" in the file below to enable the 3D feature.
frameworks/base/core/res/AndroidManifest.xml

android:label="@string/permlab_accessSurfaceFlinger"
android:description="@string/permdesc_accessSurfaceFlinger"
android:protectionLevel="normal" />

#2 fba

fba

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • VidOn XBMC:Old Version
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:Nexus 5, others
  • Android Pad:Galaxy Tab II, others

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:58 PM

I have a couple of the ODroid C1 boxes that use the S805 chipset. ( http://www.hardkerne...s/prdt_info.php )  It doesn't look like these changes would be too hard, but I am guessing they also need some proprietary libraries that may or may not ship with the ODroid Android builds.  (Wolly, is any special library needed?  Or just these code changes?)

I also have enough background to build Android ROMs and the skills to troubleshoot stuff like this.   So, I am considering taking a stab at making these changes on the ODroid C1, but I am wondering if anyone else is interested?  If others are interested, it might push me over the line to actually trying it, and it would get me to post the resulting ROM someplace people can download it.  (After checking with ODroid on the licensing issues.   If there are licensing issues, I'd just post a blog entry with LOTS of detail on how to reproduce it. ;)

FWIW - The ODroid C1 is an interesting little device.  It is nice and cheap and has similar headers to the Raspberry Pi.  But, it has gigabit ethernet and a 1.7 Ghz quad core CPU, which might make it interesting for a small home server.   I currently have one running Ubuntu Linux with the eMMC flash, and it is a pretty decent box.   And, I estimate the power draw will cost me about $0.10 a month to run.  ($0.14 in the summer when the local power rates go up so they can extract more cash from those of us that don't like I houses to be 120 degrees. :)    That said, it may seem like an interesting alternative to the VidOn box.   But, I think if you do the math, by the time you get a case, power supply, and some kind of storage on the box, you are probably better off with the VidOn box.  (The price would be close, and the VidOn box already has a license.   If you had to buy a license for the C1, I am pretty sure it would be more expensive than the VidOn box. ;)

- Video system : Sharp 80" 3D TV, Pioneer Elite VSX-70, Definitive Audio Speakers, 40+ TB (hardware RAID 5) Linux server for Blu-ray and DVD ISOs.

- Network : (2x) HP 3400cl switches, HP 1810-24G, Cisco ASA 5520 router/firewall, Aerohive wireless APs

#3 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:13 AM

Yes, just these changes, no extra libraries.

Now we changed something, that one license can be used on at most 5 devices (VidOn Box or other devices) at the same time.

If you already have a license in your account, then just login the box, it won't ask you to input the top up card, the server will detect your account's status.

Hope you could make the VidOn XBMC work on your oDroid C1, good luck!

#4 woronczak

woronczak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Vidon Box, M8 S802

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:31 AM

I have a couple of the ODroid C1 boxes that use the S805 chipset. ( http://www.hardkerne...s/prdt_info.php )  It doesn't look like these changes would be too hard, but I am guessing they also need some proprietary libraries that may or may not ship with the ODroid Android builds.  (Wolly, is any special library needed?  Or just these code changes?)

I also have enough background to build Android ROMs and the skills to troubleshoot stuff like this.   So, I am considering taking a stab at making these changes on the ODroid C1, but I am wondering if anyone else is interested?  If others are interested, it might push me over the line to actually trying it, and it would get me to post the resulting ROM someplace people can download it.  (After checking with ODroid on the licensing issues.   If there are licensing issues, I'd just post a blog entry with LOTS of detail on how to reproduce it. ;)

FWIW - The ODroid C1 is an interesting little device.  It is nice and cheap and has similar headers to the Raspberry Pi.  But, it has gigabit ethernet and a 1.7 Ghz quad core CPU, which might make it interesting for a small home server.   I currently have one running Ubuntu Linux with the eMMC flash, and it is a pretty decent box.   And, I estimate the power draw will cost me about $0.10 a month to run.  ($0.14 in the summer when the local power rates go up so they can extract more cash from those of us that don't like I houses to be 120 degrees. :)    That said, it may seem like an interesting alternative to the VidOn box.   But, I think if you do the math, by the time you get a case, power supply, and some kind of storage on the box, you are probably better off with the VidOn box.  (The price would be close, and the VidOn box already has a license.   If you had to buy a license for the C1, I am pretty sure it would be more expensive than the VidOn box. ;)

I am intrigued by this and would be interested fba.

I am trying to figure out how to do this for another Android box that I have - S802 chipset. I don't suppose there is somewhere you could point me in the right direction??

Cheers

#5 fba

fba

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA
  • VidOn XBMC:Old Version
  • Android Phone:Nexus 5, others
  • Android Pad:Galaxy Tab II, others

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:40 PM

woronczak - 

Off the top of my head, I am not sure how to do some of this.   The boot sequence used by Android is a little different than used by a "normal" Linux based OS.   So, the first thing you need to do is to figure out where in the boot sequence you need to add those chmod commands.   However, it is a bit harder than just that.  The ROM is going to mount the root filesystem (which is likely where you need to make the changes) as read-only.  So, once you figure out where to add those chmod lines, you need to figure out how to remount the root filesystem read/write.   (That is pretty easy with a bit of Googling.)

That is (surprisingly enough) the easy part.   Item #2 in Wolly's list requires changing some code in the frameworks of the OS.  To do that, you are going to need to figure out which version of Android the box is running, and download the AOSP source for that version of Android.   Once you have the source, you will need to make the change specified in #2, and then get the code to compile.  From here, the next step(s) get a little fuzzy.  Ideally, you can track down the module that the code in question compiles in to, and you can boot up your Android box, and replace the module with the one you built.   (However, if the box maker has customized that module at all, you may find that some stuff no longer works.)   If you can't locate and replace the module that code turns in to, you will have to basically rebuild the ROM for the box.   If you have to rebuild the ROM for the box, then things get a *LOT* harder.   There may be drivers and other bits of code that are proprietary to the box.   Those drivers won't be available through normal channels (if at all), and they may prevent you from building a ROM.   In some cases, you can pull those drivers out of the existing ROM on the box, and figure out how to stuff them in to a build to make it work, but YMMV.  (If the ODroid requires building a completely new ROM, I will give up.  I don't have the time/desire to figure that out.   (One side note.   Building the AOSP code takes quite a while, even on a fast machine.   So, be prepared to wait a while once you get to that point!)

All of this said, I would be *REALLY* careful going about trying to do this to a box that doesn't have an easy way to unbrick it!!   There are LOTS of parts of this that have the potential to completely brick the box, even if you do it "right".   The nice thing about the ODroid is that it can boot off an SD card.  So, if I try these changes and completely destroy the OS, all I have to do is reflash the SD card and I am back up and running.   So, my risks of doing something "wrong" are small.

That said, if I do manage to get it working, I'll post step-by-step instructions on how I did it.   But, it might be a few weeks before I have enough time to try.

If you do choose to try, and you make any progress, I'd love to hear about it.   We might be able to work together to get it done.

- Video system : Sharp 80" 3D TV, Pioneer Elite VSX-70, Definitive Audio Speakers, 40+ TB (hardware RAID 5) Linux server for Blu-ray and DVD ISOs.

- Network : (2x) HP 3400cl switches, HP 1810-24G, Cisco ASA 5520 router/firewall, Aerohive wireless APs

#6 johno21

johno21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

hi, does anyone have a guide for doing this? i have m8 android box with s802 processor. i want 3d bluray iso but currently get sound but no video.

#7 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Devices:RT1186 Linux
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Medion AP4
  • Android Pad:Medion Lifetab

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:18 PM

As indicated above.

If you don't feel confident doing that I suggest that you do not try it but talk to the manufacturer instead.

#8 johno21

johno21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:27 PM

just dont know how to do it but id give it a go. if i contact the manufacturer am i asking for an updated sdk?

#9 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Devices:RT1186 Linux
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Medion AP4
  • Android Pad:Medion Lifetab

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:57 AM

Yep, outlined in Post #1

#10 johno21

johno21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:32 AM

Hi my box has an updated sdk that supports vidon but I don't know how to get it or install. Could anyone help or help to add the code above to my device?

#11 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:32 AM

Hi my box has an updated sdk that supports vidon but I don't know how to get it or install. Could anyone help or help to add the code above to my device?

Hey Johno21,

If this is something you are unfamiliar with you should not risk it, you could very easily brick your device and no one wants to see that happen.

#12 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:49 AM

Updated! If any Android Box maker finds the VidOn XBMC can not run well on your Amlogic (S802,S805,S812) powered box, please modify the SDK.

#13 costaud

costaud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:25 PM

Hello,

I'm MINIX X8H PLUS (based on S812) owner, and When I activate passthrough for all HD sound (DTS HD ...), I have no sound. this player hasn't got HD sound licence.

But I hope it will be possible to play HD sound on movie with VidOn XBMC pro ;)

Have I to do modification given on post 1 to resolve my problem or I have to wait next upgrade ?

regards

#14 MBKEN

MBKEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:09 AM

Hey 

I'm also MINIX X8H PLUS (based on S812) owner,

I installed Vidon xbmc get to play 3d bluray iso and was glad that I read about this. but! now have struggled with this for long time and can not get anything to work proper.
I can not get a picture on any movie I try to play( 3d or not). I only get a black screen, with a very thin edge of the movie?????

When I activate passthrough for all HD sound (DTS HD ...), I have no sound.

The Amlogic SDK Configuration.

this looks a bit difficult if you have not tried this before.

hope there will be a good walkthrough so all those with less knowledge also can do it. 

Is the dream of 3d bluray iso playblack on my android box dead for now ??? 
do I have to wait until it will be possible  although it was promised on the webpage:

#15 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:44 PM

The 3D Blu-ray Playback is almost OK on Amlogic's chipset, but currently not.

This post is mainly for the chipset company, Android Box manufacturers and solution providers who have the source code of SDK.

#16 MBKEN

MBKEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

what would your advice be to me now

1.  I can not even play movies with picture (only black screen) I have tried many different files types.
  2.  sound not working with passthrough. 
  3. The 3D blu-ray playback is almost ok ? when will it be possible to get it to work on s812 chipset? one week? one month? one year?
  4. I bought Membership License but as it is now nothing works. Do you think i just have to get my money back and wait for it to function as it is written on til main web page ( VidOn XBMC

The Best XBMC on An Android Box. Period

#17 MBKEN

MBKEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:58 PM

maybe this will help someone else with his minix neo x8 h-plus

http://www.minixforu...inix-fota.5196/

The Amlogic SDK Configuration is in here. 

#18 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:27 AM

I just learned something about this SDK update, they said this SDK is for beta test, not the stable version. So please wait their new update.

Edit:

Have you updated the firmware to v.004? They said all problems have been solved except the 3D playback, because 3D blu-ray playback needs to be fixed by Amlogic, not Minix.

#19 MBKEN

MBKEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:19 AM

I have sent a mail to support@amlogic.com.

Mail from me:

发件人: ????
发送时间: 2015年4月10日 4:35
收件人: *support
主题: I need VidOn XBMC support (Minix neo x8 h-plus)

Hi
Can you please fix it so i can start to use my box to watch 3D Blu-ray ISO film. I'm useing Vidon Xbmc on my minix neo x8 h-plus with your s812 chip.

- ???? from Dk

Reply from support:

Hi ?????

Thank for your email. Sorry 3D blueray ISO is not supported at this moment. We will evaluate the feasibility of add this feature in the future.

--
Best Regards,
Kevin Zhu

Now I hope others will send messages to them too so maybe we can get it faster.
  • Joe likes this

#20 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:05 AM

Hey guys,

I just added some lines of code into the first post, Box manufacturers who want to enable the 3D feature on their S802 and S812 chipset powered box, please do the change.

You may need the latest SDK from Amlogic or your solution provider, old SDK doesn't support 3D.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Official

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users