• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 simonlogan

simonlogan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

It looks like, unfortunately, there is no app to be able to play Amazon Prime movies on the VidOn box which I'm thinking is more to do with Amazon being mean and keeping it all to themselves for their Fire box rather than allowing Android boxes in general - is that right?

If so is there any way to be able to watch Prime via the VidOn box now or (potentially) in the future?

#2 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:43 AM

You can learn how to install Amazon Addon on your XBMC from here → http://www.howtogeek...-video-on-xbmc/

#3 simonlogan

simonlogan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:53 PM

You can learn how to install Amazon Addon on your XBMC from here → http://www.howtogeek...-video-on-xbmc/

Yeah I'd Googled and found that info, the only thing is that each of the addons is listed as "incompatible" at present so it looks like that they won't work with the recent updates I've run on the box.  Wasn't sure there was another option but it looks not for the time being.

Thanks anyway.

#4 lyterain

lyterain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:15 PM

Hi there,

Is it the "Prime Instant Video" app you are want to download, did you manage it yet?

Also what country are you located in?

#5 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:24 AM

We are in China.

The Prime Instant Video is a service of Amazon, we can't promise this Amazon App will work normally on our Box.

#6 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:47 AM

I recently installed the Amazon App on my Android cell (which is quite a convoluted process)... Sufficed to say the App is huge because it includes the shopping application as well as providing access to Amazon Instant Video.

Just so you know... The current Amazon.apk file (v5.2.2) is around 26.76MB and saves itself within your phones 'Download' folder (which means it can be extracted and saved for say, use on other devices). Once installed on your phone the application can be anywhere between 50.00MB to 75.00MB. And it's size will grow with each visit to the Amazon web site.

I'm currently monitoring the size of app on my phone because if it gets too big it will have to be removed!

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#7 lyterain

lyterain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:05 PM

I recently installed the Amazon App on my Android cell (which is quite a convoluted process)... Sufficed to say the App is huge because it includes the shopping application as well as providing access to Amazon Instant Video.

Just so you know... The current Amazon.apk file (v5.2.2) is around 26.76MB and saves itself within your phones 'Download' folder (which means it can be extracted and saved for say, use on other devices). Once installed on your phone the application can be anywhere between 50.00MB to 75.00MB. And it's size will grow with each visit to the Amazon web site.

I'm currently monitoring the size of app on my phone because if it gets too big it will have to be removed!

I managed to install it in on the Vidon box and *finger crossed* it's working quite well. I can watch shows on my watchlist or library but can't purchase anything on there to watch.

#8 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:38 AM

I managed to install it in on the Vidon box and *finger crossed* it's working quite well. I can watch shows on my watchlist or library but can't purchase anything on there to watch.

Awesome! Glad to hear that it is working for you. Please give us an update in a week or so and let us know how it's going. 

Joe

#9 Showboxmoviez

Showboxmoviez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:05 AM

Download Showbox if your are movie freak. With showbox app you can download HD movies at just one click.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Apps on Box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users