Photo

Please tell us: If you have an audio sync issue when connected to a surround sound amplifier?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:51 AM

Hi all

Now we already have a topic to report the supported and unsupported AVRs. Thank you for all your tests and feedback, now we have a long list. And currently Allwinner and Amlogic are working on this problem.

So in this topic, we want to collect some information to help us to solve the audio sync problem. (Not the audio sync issue caused by buffering/stuttering)
Can you please answer the following questions: -

1. Video Output, such as 1080p@60Hz or 1080p@24Hz etc,.
2. Audio Output, HDMI Analog or HDMI Passthrough or other ways.
3. Source info, MP4, MKV or Blu-ray iso? What's the name of the source and its mediainfo (If possible please tell us which chapters or pieces of the movie have obvious sync issue)
4. Sync issue detail, audio faster or video faster?
5. Do all of your movies have the audio sync issue?

Thank you very much!
Hope we can solve this annoying bug asap.

MODERATOR REQUEST:
Hi everyone,

Please understand that the purpose of this topic is to collect specific data only, it is not to ask and answer questions. So please do not use this topic to submit and discuss report bugs, make requests, ask for firmware updates or moan. Any such posts/comments will either be removed or struck-out!

That being said, if you wish to submit a formal bug report, please refer to the following: -
  • Before submitting your bug report, please check the forum to see if someone else has reported the same issue.
  • Do not lump different bug reports/issues together within a single topic, as it leads to off-topic posts and makes the bugs reports along with their solutions impossible to track.
  • If your bug is relating to VidOn XMBC or VidOn Media Center, please state the version number at the beginning of your topic title.

#2 fba

fba

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • VidOn XBMC:Old Version
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:Nexus 5, others
  • Android Pad:Galaxy Tab II, others

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

Okay, I'll go first then. ;)

1. 1080p, pretty sure it is @ 60Hz since the TV is pretty old and probably doesn't do 24Hz.

2. HDMI connected to Pioneer receiver that has the passthrough issue.   So, I am also connected via optical to the receiver so that I get sound.

3. Seen it on two different Blu-ray ISOs so far.  First one was the movie "Coraline", the second is the movie "How to Train Your Dragon 2".  In both cases, the audio was out of sync for the whole movie.  Discs were ripped using two different versions of DVDfab.   "How to Train Your Dragon 2" was ripped with the latest release of DVDfab.   Will try to dig up mediainfo later.

4. Video seems to be faster than the audio, IIRC.

5. So far, I have only tried the two.   So, with that sample of 2, I would have to say "Yes". -- I can also say that Coraline doesn't have any sync issues on my Popcorn Hour box, so I don't think it is the rip.   I have not tried How to Train Your Dragon 2 on the Popcorn hour.

I'll also add that I do not believe the receiver I am using the VidOn box on, right now, has the ability to do any adjustment for the AV sync, so there shouldn't be an issue there.   I have also not tried to adjust anything in XBMC to try to resolve the sync issue yet.

FWIW - There were no sync issues on the older AV200 with the older releases of XBMC.

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help, or any extra testing that I can do!

- Video system : Sharp 80" 3D TV, Pioneer Elite VSX-70, Definitive Audio Speakers, 40+ TB (hardware RAID 5) Linux server for Blu-ray and DVD ISOs.

- Network : (2x) HP 3400cl switches, HP 1810-24G, Cisco ASA 5520 router/firewall, Aerohive wireless APs

#3 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • iPhone:6
  • iOS on iPhone:9.3.2
  • iPad:3
  • iOS on iPad:9.3.2

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

1. 720p@60Hz
2. SPDIF passthrough
3. Basically all MKV/HD and the audio problem goes to the whole video, it doesn't get worse or better.
4. Video is faster, I have to move the audio ahead by 0.200
5. All MKV/HD, but DVDs and SD stuff seems fine, I don't have to move the audio at all.

#4 MikeyBMantel

MikeyBMantel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Androset MK808B
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.5 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

1. 1080P @ 60 Hz
2. HDMI passthrough to Denon AVR
3. DVD iso and VIDEO_TS folder playback.
4. Audio lags about 0.4s behind video when it happens. 
I have the audio advanced to correct the sync issue thru XBMC's audio slider bar accessible during playback options, set to default for all videos.  But in the VidOn XBMC on occasion the setting is ignored until I manually open the slider bar option, then audio self-corrects, and all is well with the manual audio advance being used for all of my VIDEO_TS or DVD iso files so far.  Have not used the box for any other file types.
5. Will update if I'm able to confirm.  Right now, it seems random, possibly after advancing a few chapters during playback of a video?

#5 cazador481

cazador481

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:04 PM

1. 1080p@60hz
2. hdmi passthrough to yamaha avr.
3. mkv, bluray file tree (all files).  Does not matter if it is ac3, dts, or dts-hd encode.  Movies are on an nfs mount
4. I need to move the audio faster between .3 and 1.5 seconds.  The audio sync issue is the same for the whole movie, each movye has a different sync issue speed
5. All movies that I have tried have sync issues.

#6 diwi

diwi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 1.1.0.2

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:51 PM

1. 1080p@60hz

2. SPDIF passtrough to Logitech Z5500.

3. MKV files placed on NFS share

4. Audio is 0.3-0.45 seconds behind the video, each movie has different setting.

5. Yes

#7 arun555

arun555

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:39 AM

1. 1080p@60hz
2. Mkv file with dts or .dtshd audio
3. Hdmi passthru to pioneer receiver.
4. Audio 0.45 behind video. some times audio faster.
5. yes all the movies.

#8 hwf

hwf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

1. HDMI 1080p@50hz
2. ts files with ac3 audio
3. HDMI passthru
4. Audio is ok, video runs with double speed
5. All 1080i@50 hz have the same problem. 720p@50 runs fine.

#9 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:42 AM

1. HDMI 1080p@50hz
2. ts files with ac3 audio
3. HDMI passthru
4. Audio is ok, video runs with double speed
5. All 1080i@50 hz have the same problem. 720p@50 runs fine.

Hi, hwf

Can you upload a 1080p50Hz/1080i50Hz ts file (which has the A/V sync problem) to the cloud so that we can download it to do some testing?

Thank you very much.

#10 dodarka

dodarka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:28 PM

1. 1080p@60Hz
2. HDMI Analog
3.  All video 
4. audio about 0.200

5. All video file

#11 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:26 AM

Hey everyone,

We just got back from a short holiday and I am in the process of recording and reporting all problems since we left to the relevant departments within VidOn.me

Thanks for the bug reports, and sorry that you have any to report at all....

Joe

#12 premierscfc

premierscfc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:54 PM

1. 1080p@60Hz
2. HDMI Passthrough
3. avi, mkv & mp4
4. audio behind needs adjusting/advancing 0.350 once the video starts
5. All out of sync

#13 andypriyantoko

andypriyantoko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 1.0.0.0
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.8
  • Android Phone:LG Nexus 4
  • Android Pad:Acer Iconia

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:15 PM

Hi Wolli,

1. Video Output, 720p@60H
2. Audio Output, SPDIF Passthrough (Android, SPDIF)
3. Source info: mostly MKV video and DTS audio
4. Sync issue: there's no issues but the box only can play properly MKV with Dolby Digital (DTS audio will convert to Stereo Upmix or PCM) This is very disaapointed :(
5. Do all of your movies have the audio sync issue? No, all works fine.

Question: Is VidOn Box didn't support DTS audio (5.1) through SPDIF/Coaxial cable?

#14 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:27 AM

Hey, please try to use "vidonme, spdif".

It's hard to say if it's the compatibility between the box and your amp.

#15 andypriyantoko

andypriyantoko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:40 PM

Hi Wolly,

I didn't "vidonme, spdif". there's only Android, spdif

BTW, problems solved after I checked (activate) the DTS audio output on XBMC's audio setting. But still didn't work with DTS audio (wav file).

Thanks

#16 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:12 PM

But still didn't work with DTS audio (wav file).

Just-so-as-you-know,

DTS audio in wav (as used with the DTS Audio CD format) works very differently to DTS audio in movies. It uses a different frequency, fixed bit-rate and bit-depth

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#17 andypriyantoko

andypriyantoko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:29 PM

Just-so-as-you-know,

DTS audio in wav (as used with the DTS Audio CD format) works very differently to DTS audio in movies. It uses a different frequency, fixed bit-rate and bit-depth

Thanks for the explanation.

On my previous media player (non-android based - Patriot Box Office) can play wav DTS audio format properly. Is it the weakness of android-based media player? or caused by different of chipset/procesor type?

#18 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:41 PM

Thanks for the explanation.

On my previous media player (non-android based - Patriot Box Office) can play wav DTS audio format properly. Is it the weakness of android-based media player? or caused by different of chipset/procesor type?

I'll be honest. I only have a couple of Android 'hardware' media players now. And neither of them are able to play My DTS.wav files.

When I first bought my Oppo BDP-103, it also struggled to play my DTS-CD back-ups (mainly the ones that were DTS-ES). So I re-encoded them to multi-channel Flac files :)

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users